It is time to put yourself first
I feel you – I had to learn how to put myself first:
One year ago, I felt devastated, burnt-out, lost, hopeless and depleted – I had experienced a deep trauma a few months before. Deep inside, I knew I didn’t want to continue feeling this way.
So, I decided to prioritise my well-being on an entirely new level.
Before this decision, I experienced something transformative, hurtful, and life-changing. It felt like losing myself.
I knew that whatever happens in life, we must choose wisely how to respond to it. Because sometimes we can’t change external circumstances. But we have the power to decide how we respond to them.
In (almost) any situation, we can choose how we want to feel and how our future self will be.
I had lost complete sight and vision of what my (close) future would look like.
But I remembered:
I am here to feel good and empower others to feel good.
This empowering thought helped me to take care of myself. I knew that it was my responsibility to focus on what was in my hands: my well-being and happiness (even though, at this time, it felt so far away).
I think back on this time and my healing journey with awe. Today, I celebrate how far I’ve come, and I see myself through compassionate eyes.
This is a real success. Far away from what society defines as success. Getting up again, feeling nourished and happy.
Your health is your most valuable currency. As a result, you have to choose wisely and every day to take excellent care of it and take the time to heal and process health issues, including trauma.
Here is how I put myself first and prioritised my well-being:
- Meditation: mainly guided meditation helped me to recenter and find inner peace, balance and stability.
- Yoga: I’m so grateful for this beautiful and sacred local space @YogaKorner in Lyon which today feels like home. Their incredible teachers have powerfully helped me on my healing journey. Every time I still go there, it is such a profound experience for my body, mind, and soul. I love to go there for their yoga classes but also their phenomenal meditation classes 🙂
- Taking time off from my business and focusing on my healing. —> You can’t pour from an empty glass! Allow yourself to focus on your well-being. Give yourself what you need most!
- Travelling: the ocean and Mother Nature, in general, have a powerful, grounding and soothing influence on my holistic well-being.
- Nature: Spending time in Nature, even if it’s just a few minutes per day, has such a positive impact on my body, mind, and soul. I try to be as present as possible during these nurturing moments, and if possible, don’t check my phone. It helps me to ground myself even more.
- Processing: Journaling, speaking to family and friends, feeling all of the emotions, and allowing myself to take the required time and space for my healing on every level of my being.
- Reprogramming my body, mind, and soul through visualisation, tapping, transformative Akasha healing journeys, and professional support.
- Massage, acupuncture, and osteopathic support: liberating blocked emotions in our bodies linked to traumatic experiences is vital.
- Redefining success and re-defining and clarifying my vision.
Feeling happy again with an open heart and mind
These tools have helped me in feeling joyous, recharged and better again.
In conclusion, this transformative experience has cracked me open in many ways.
- Learning to turn fears into excitement has been a game-changer on this healing journey.
- I have learnt to ask for help and receive support when needed.
- I am curious about life again, with an open heart and mind.
Filling my cup first has become my top priority.
Today, I still integrate moments of well-being into my daily life. These ‘islands of well-being’, as I call them, help me recharge, take care of my needs, and be an even better person and nourished space holder, personally and professionally.
Daily moments of well-being to put myself first:
Some of these nurturing moments I integrate daily (when possible and without pressure) are:
- Walking in nature,
- Calling a friend or family,
- Getting a massage,
- Doing a workout,
- Dancing AND
- Visualisation combined with binaural beats.
I am now more than ever before aware that it is so important to take very good care of myself and fill up my cup first.
The transformative power of visualisation
Visualisation has helped me to find hope, envision and create a new reality by reprogramming, taking action and putting my needs first.
To take care of others, you must take care of yourself first.
For this reason, I’ve created a powerful visualisation for you, empowering you to put yourself first.
Put yourself first with this powerful visualisation
This unique visualisation will empower you to
- Put yourself first
- Prioritise your needs
- Say no and learn to set boundaries for freedom and more time and energy for yourself.
- Reduce anxiety, stress, and overwhelm
- Prioritise daily self-care
- Develop self-love that increases your self-worth and self-esteem
- Cultivate inner peace, balance, and alignment
- Reconnect with yourself and your intuition
My goal is to empower you to up level your life
When writing these words down for you, my goal is to inspire you and, most importantly, empower you to take action and increase your well-being and happiness, if possible already today.
Fill your cup now and give from a place of overflow.
Put yourself first and listen to this powerful visualisation, which you can easily integrate into your daily life (it takes you only 10 minutes).
And now, I’m curious to know: how do you care for yourself? Which of my rituals do you want to integrate into your life? Please feel free to share in the comments 🙂