Learn how to prioritise self-care
Prioritising self-care is essential for living a joyful and fulfilling life.
However, as an intuitive, heart-centred female entrepreneur, you’re always willing to help and, as a result, neglect your needs by putting others first. But what happens when you forget about your well-being? How can you find ease, joy, and serenity while serving your clients from a place of love and overflow?
Indeed, it can feel overwhelming, and you don’t know where to start with prioritising your needs – the truth is, by always caring about others, you might have forgotten your unique needs.
No worries, there is a way out. I am here to support you with this.
Start with baby steps and compassion
Firstly, to prioritise your well-being and find ease, joy, and serenity, you need to start by developing kindness, compassion, and empathy towards yourself. Remember that you’ve been doing your best and just now found out better. Now, it’s time to change your situation and put yourself first.
Take aligned action and prioritise self-care
Here are some insights that can help you gain clarity and awareness of what feels good to you and enables you to recharge:
- First, practice mindfulness and pay attention to your thoughts and feelings without judgement. Become aware of how you speak to yourself, what ideas dominate your mind and what kind of feelings are ever-present.
- Then, reflect on past experiences where you felt fulfilled, happy, and content. Create a list of activities or actions that brought you joy and satisfaction. In the second step, you can choose one or two of them and try them again. How do you feel this time? If something has shifted, you can experiment with one of the other activities on your list. Have fun, and enjoy the process!
- Next, identify your core values and align your daily actions with them. Is one of your core values quality time? How can you spend quality time with your family, friends and loved ones? Is it authenticity? Make time to be alone and check if your life feels aligned. Do you feel aligned with your words, feelings and emotions? Or is there anything that needs a shift?
- Most importantly, set boundaries. Say “no” to things that don’t align with your values or goals. If you need further inspiration, here are two fantastic articles about it.
- Connect with like-minded people, sharing your values and goals. To start with, do you know how to find like-minded people? A first step could be to find groups on Facebook, Meetup or connect with people on Bumble with a shared interest. Then be brave and reach out to them. Keep going if the first person doesn’t align with your vision. Just go on and give it another try (and eventually another 😉 ).
More self-care practices
- Experiment with self-care practices such as meditation, yoga, or spending time in nature. Play a little bit with this. It’s about more than just finding your favourite technique. Have fun, and let go of your perfectionism. Further self-care practices that take time to come into mind are: cooking a healthy and delicious meal, going to the farmer’s market, booking a massage, and having coffee or tea with a friend or loved one. You see, there are so many options to take care of yourself.
- Cultivate gratitude by making a daily gratitude list. Have you ever heard about “gratitude is my attitude”? It is true: gratitude can empower you to take a positive attitude, which positively impacts your decisions and life.
- Connect with your body and engage in activities that release tension and promote joy, such as yoga or dancing. Shake it off, and enjoy the feeling of getting recharged and energised. It’s a lot of fun! Forget about if someone is watching you. You can do this at home in your safe space 😉 No more excuses 😉
Cultivating awareness, present in the Here and Now
- Practice relaxation techniques: deep breathing, progressive muscle relaxation, or guided meditation can support you in letting go of negative thoughts and emotions and allow you to be fully present again.
- Spend time in nature and soak up its calming effects. Have you ever experienced how beneficial a walk in nature can be? It can completely shift your mood and energy, giving you the needed boost and motivation. You will feel fully recharged and present.
- Engage in activities that fill you with joy, whether reading, painting, or gardening. Or whatever feels right to you. Again, it can be baking a cake, watching an inspiring video on YouTube, or biking. Maybe it’s painting your nails. Experiment with it.
- Cultivate positive relationships with family, friends, or colleagues. Be aware of how you feel when spending time with people. How is your mood before the meeting? How afterwards? Can you uplevel this relationship or make a shift? Does it fill you up or drain you? Become aware of it and take aligned actions. It is your life, be careful about with whom you spend it.
Let’s get started
Now, it’s time to prioritise your well-being and find ease, joy, and serenity as a result. To help you get started, I invite you to download my free, powerful meditation. This meditation will guide you towards deep relaxation and clarity to take aligned action towards your goals and dreams.
Remember that finding ease, joy, and serenity is an ongoing process that takes effort and intention. But with these insights and practices, you can start prioritising your well-being and living a more fulfilling, joyful life.
Put yourself first with this powerful visualisation
This unique visualisation will empower you to
- Put yourself first
- Prioritise your needs
- Say no and learn to set powerful boundaries for freedom and more time and energy for yourself.
- Reduce anxiety, stress, and overwhelm
- Prioritise daily self-care
- Develop self-love that increases your self-worth and self-esteem
- Cultivate inner peace, balance, and alignment
- Reconnect with yourself and your intuition